Primary Care Health Services offers opportunities to individuals interested in starting or continuing their experience in the healthcare industry. If you are interested in joining our team here at Primary Health Care Services please complete the application below and submit your resume to email@example.com
Incumbent functions under the general supervision of the Health Services Director
Requirements : Graduation from an accredited school of medicine. Licensed to practice in the State of Pennsylvania. Board Certified or board eligible. Internship and Residency in Medicine.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering and coordinating the delivery of health care to the medically undeserved population who access our system for care.
- Incumbent conducts thorough examination of patients to determine health problems and develop a diagnosis. Prescribes and administers appropriate medications.
- Incumbent develops treatment plans in accordance with established medical and health center protocols. Document in the electronic records patients and family histories, treatments, etc.
- Provides health education to center patients and community organizations relative to disease prevention activities and methods
- Incumbent refers patients for hospitalization. Conducts regular hospital rounds to administer care and monitor patient progress. Rotates with other center physicians to provide after hour and emergency coverage as outlined in the center's established policies. Work with hospitalist with community care and follow-up.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures and protocols as required by center's granting agency, and is required to meet the center's standard for physician productivity on an ongoing basis.
- Orders laboratory studies, diagnostic procedures and informs the patient of the necessity for such studies and procedures.
- Participates as a member on the center's quality assurance program. Reviews medical records to ensure appropriateness of patient care and that pertinent documentation is annotated or incorporated in the EMR medical record in order to accurately maintain the mechanism for continuity of care.
- Insure that medical staff provides the necessary service support and routine patient follow-up and misses appointments.